How do I add formatting to my posts (bold, italic...)?
How to create bold, italic and underlined text
BBCode includes tags to allow you to quickly change the basic style of your
- Bold: To style your text in bold font
bracket it with [b][/b], for example [b]Hello[/b] will be rendered as Hello
- Underline: For underlining you may use [u][/u]. For example [u]Good Morning[/u] will be rendered as Good Morning
- Italic: The tags [i][/i] control the italic style. For example eg [i]Great![/i] is rendered as Great!
How to change the text color or size
To alter the color or size of your text the following tags can be used.
- Color: Changing the color of text is achieved by wrapping the text with the
[color=][/color] tags. You can specify either a known color
name (eg. red, blue, yellow, etc.) or the hexadecimal triplet alternative,
eg. #FFFFFF, #000000. For example, to create red text you could use [color=red]Hello![/color] or [color=#FF0000]Hello![/color]. Both will be rendered as
- Size: Changing the text size is achieved in a similar way using the
[size=][/size] tags. The size starts at 1 (so tiny you will not see it) through
to 29 (very large). For example: [size=6]SMALL[/size] will be rendered as
SMALL whereas [size=24]HUGE![/size] is rendered as HUGE!
Can I combine formatting tags?
Yes, of course you can, for example to get someones attention you may
[size=18][color=red][b]LOOK AT ME![/b][/color][/size] would be rendered as
LOOK AT ME!
We recommend to use few of these formatting as they can e difficult to read.