Posting and Usage Guidelines
FertilityFriend.com's community vision is to promote a warm and supportive environment for the trying-to-conceive, pregnancy, and parenting journey.
All submitted content and usage are required to abide by the community charter, community vision and license.
We have put together below a few more explicit guidelines to help you understand the acceptable uses.
Before posting you should consider the following main points:
- Is this topic in line with FertilityFriend.com's community vision? If you are not sure about this then refrain from posting. Please review the charter and vision for details.
- Is this topic going to create a hostile debate or upset other community
members? No topic which could be construed as intentionally antagonistic should be posted. Although debate may arise on occasion, it is not a purpose of these boards.
- Have you posted so many topics today that another one would overrun the circle with your posts? Individuals or groups of individuals attempting to control a forum by the volume of their posts does not create the warm environment for which this community has been setup. It also intimidates new posters and creates a "clique" atmosphere which does not favor the sharing experiences among all members.
A few more specific points:
- No News or Press Releases: We found that posts whose sole purpose is to discuss news or press releases frequently turn into hurtful debates. If you wish to debate news or read news or press releases you may want to visit the major news sites.
- No "call outs" for specific people: If you are looking for a member please PM the member directly. The FertilityFriend.com message boards are read by thousands of members who do not all necessarily post. Posting personal messages in the main forums is the equivalent of shouting personal conversations in a crowded plaza. (Personal conversations in buddy groups are more appropriate).
- No cross posting: Most members read several boards. Please do not cross post as this creates unnecessary annoyance for other members.
- Posting for the purpose of creating debate, drama, or to engage others in a hostile exchange is not in line with the vision for this community.
- No Request or Submission of personal information: We do not allow the request or submission of personal information including email addresses on FertilityFriend.com.
Links and product mentions:
In general, we do not allow links to sites that directly or indirectly sell products or services (through affiliate links or advertising for example). We also do not allow links to sites which collect private information (such as registration information, emails...). Direct or indirect promotion of sites, products, ideas, or causes (non-profit or for profit) are prohibited. All forms of solicitation are also prohibited.
We do tolerate informational links to sites as long as it does not create issues for the management of the community. Sites which are repeatedly the cause of issues are banned specifically. Please do not ignore any warning you may receive while trying to post a link or URL.
Any content found to be in conflict with these guidelines will be removed or locked as the community management sees fit. Further actions may be taken as per the charter and license for members violating these guidelines.
Note: Attempts to go around these policies by hiding, coding or mangling the content will result in immediate termination of access as per the license and charter.
These guidelines are in place to maintain a safe, supportive, solicitation-free community where all members can find support. We wish all members the very best on their journey.