How do I take my temperature when fertility charting?
There are a few guidelines to follow when taking your basal body temperature (BBT) to make sure
you get the best interpretation on your chart.
- Take your temperature as soon as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything
- Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the
same time as possible. Note the time if you are not recording it right away. (Fertility Friend can automatically record the time when you enter it.)
- Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep.
- Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer.
- Enter your data on your chart in your Fertility Friend app or bedside notepad as soon after taking your
temperature as possible.