How do I take my temperature when charting?
There are a few guidelines to follow when taking your temperature to make sure
you get the best interpretation on your chart.
For more comprehensive details about taking your temperature, please see How
to to Take and Record your BBT in the Fertility Friend Handbook.
- Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything
- Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the
same time as possible. Note the time.
- Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep.
- Take your temperature using a special BBT thermometer.
- Enter your data on your chart or bedside notepad as soon after taking your
temperature as possible.